Why do people dislike mobile display ads? Here are a few reasons:
1. Limited screen space.
2. That text that just arrived.
3. That email alert that just popped up.
4. That calendar reminder for their next meeting.
5. That incoming phone call they need to take.
6. The traffic light's ready to turn green.
7. Their mobile data plan is tapped out.
8. They don't believe in any advertising.
9. They'd rather use Google search.
10. They'd rather ask their friends on Facebook what they think.
Mobile display advertising isn't going anywhere soon in the free digital content model.
But one thing's clear to me: Search and social work for motivated customers seeking your product or service.