As a newspaper delivery boy, he dreamed of writing deadline sports stories.
Jeff Bean realized his first professional ambition as a news stringer for the Associated Press wire service while attending SDSU to earn a journalism degree.
Soon after college, a full-time journalism job with a daily newspaper allowed him to report extensively on government, education and the criminal justice system.
Time both on the beat and in the field introduced him to the beauty of unexpected discovery and amazing people. He turned those experiences into stories that earned a dozen awards from press organizations including the Society of Professional Journalists and the Orange County (CA) Press Club, which saw members go on to win Pulitzer Prizes, lead international news bureaus and write New York Times bestsellers.
It was an AOL chat room fantasy football league draft with journalism colleagues in 1995 (plus his own news consumption habits, due to web technology) that led him to public relations -- first in government, then healthcare, before responding in 2000 to the siren call of technology startups, marketing builds and turnarounds.
Today he provides consulting and marketing services for healthcare and technology clients.
On larger projects, Jeff works with select US West Coast-based partners who specialize in design, web, and multimedia production.
Jeff brings a unique knowledge of evolving healthcare economics and consumer digital behavior in the management and understanding of medical options and surgical procedures. He relies on research, data and insights to guide all marketing efforts.
And he still believes in the power of story.
- Marketing research, strategy and data analysis.
- Brand management, including identity and messaging.
- Co-branding development and execution.
- Channel marketing and partner programs.
- Copywriting and editing.
- Trade show / events research, planning and project management.
- Public relations: messaging platforms and marketing integration.
- Media relations: story development and pitching.
- Reputation management: crisis communications.
- Case studies and customer testimonials.
- Website development, optimization and CRM integration.
- Social media strategy and content.